June 14, 2012

Home Audio Setup

I work from my apartment and listen to music or talk-radio nearly 24-hours a day (even at soft volume while I sleep). My home audio setup is pretty important to me.

Here is a description of the current rig for home listening:


The Gear:

  • Media Server (Ubuntu, Logitech Media Server)
  • Touchscreen UI (Android, Squeezebox Controller)
  • Wifi Music Player (Squeezebox Touch)
  • Amplifier (Harman Kardon)
  • 5 Speakers (Polk Audio)

The Content:

Streaming Radio Networks:

MP3 Collection:


Tablet interface (Logitech Squeezebox Controller):

Web interface (Logitech Media Server 7.7.2):


Rock on!

2 comments:

m3tomlins said...

I also work from our apartment here in Philly, with a setup that includes a home recording studio also. Continuous music helps me get into the tube for writing.

m3tomlins said...

Sorry - that link didn't work: http://www.careytomlinson.org/mark/studio/

Cheers!