August 7, 2008

Editra - Nice Python Editor

I just saw this post about Editra from Flávio Codeço Coelho:
Editra: a Great New Python Editor

I downloaded it and was VERY impressed. For Python programming, I don't use a full blown IDE. I prefer a cross-platform text editor with syntax highlighting and integrated shell that works well on Windows and Linux.

I have been using SciTE as my programmer's editor for several years now; going back to my days as a Perl programmer. I have never seen an editor that rivals SciTE (shut up VIM freaks :)

Well, Editra just might be that editor. It is only in an Alpha stage, but is very useful and packs most of the features I want including autocomplete (which SciTE lacks).

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this editor as its development progresses.

http://editra.org/
Post a Comment