I just ordered a new laptop for home. This will be used as my workstation/desktop replacement.
Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope comes out April 23, and this machine will get a fresh copy. I'm hoping all my hardware works good with it.
- Dell Studio 17
- 64 bit
- Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 (2.00GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
- 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz
- 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
- 250GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
- Glossy widescreen 17.0 inch display (1920x1200)
- 8X CD/DVD Burner
- Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11agn Half Mini-Card
- Back-lit Keyboard
I will post again to tell how the hardware compatibility with Ubuntu and Linux is.